Welcome to Home Bible Study Fellowship or HBSF!
We focus on the essentials, and the entire Bible is essential! 2Timothy 3:16 The Bible is our all-sufficient rule for faith and practice. The clear teachings of scripture contain timeless truths that transcend culture.
1. The Scriptures Inspired
The Scriptures, both the Old and New Testaments, are inspired of God and are the revelation of God to man, the authoritative rule of faith and practice.
- 2 Timothy 3:15-17 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 [KJV/NIV]
- 2 Peter 1:21 [KJV/NIV]
2. The One True God
The one true God has revealed Himself as the eternally self-existent “I AM,” the Creator of heaven and earth and the Redeemer of mankind. He has further revealed Himself as embodying the principles of relationship and association as Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- Deuteronomy 6:4 [KJV/NIV]
- Isaiah 43:10,11 [KJV/NIV]
- Matthew 28:19 [KJV/NIV]
- Luke 3:22 [KJV/NIV]
The Trinity or Godhead a. Terms Defined The terms “Trinity” and “persons” as related to the Godhead, while not found in the Scriptures, are words in harmony with Scripture, whereby we may convey to others our immediate understanding of the doctrine of Christ respecting the Being of God, as distinguished from “gods many and lords many.” We therefore may speak with propriety of the Lord our God who is One Lord, as a trinity or as one essence of three persons, and still be absolutely scriptural.
- Matthew 28:19 [KJV/NIV]
- 2 Corinthians 13:14 [KJV/NIV]
- John 14:16-17 [KJV/NIV]
b. Distinction and Relationship in the Godhead; Christ taught a distinction of Persons in the Godhead which He expressed in specific terms of relationship, as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Luke 1:35 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Corinthians 1:24 [KJV/NIV]
- Matthew 11:25-27 [KJV/NIV]
- Matthew 28:19 [KJV/NIV]
- 2 Corinthians 13:14 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 John 1:3-4 [KJV/NIV])
- John 1:18 [KJV/NIV]
- John 15:26 [KJV/NIV]
- John 17:11 [KJV/NIV]
- John 17:21 [KJV/NIV]
- Zechariah 14:9 [KJV/NIV]
- John 5:17-30 [KJV/NIV]
- John 5:32 [KJV/NIV]
- John 5:37 [KJV/NIV]
- John 8:17,18 [KJV/NIV]
e. The Title, Lord Jesus Christ; The appellation, “Lord Jesus Christ,” is a proper name. It is never applied in the New Testament, either to the Father or to the Holy Spirit. It therefore belongs exclusively to the Son of God.
- Romans 1:1-3 [KJV/NIV]
- 2 John 1:3 [KJV/NIV]
f. The Lord Jesus Christ, God with Us; The Lord Jesus Christ, as to His divine and eternal nature, is the proper and only Begotten of the Father, but as to His human nature, He is the proper Son of Man. He is therefore, acknowledged to be both God and man; who because He is God and man is “Immanuel,” God with us.
- Matthew 1:23 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 John 4:2 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 John 4:10 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 John 4:14 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 1:13 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 1:17 [KJV/NIV]
- Matthew 1:21-23 [KJV/NIV]
- 2 John 1:3 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 John 3:8 [KJV/NIV]
- Hebrews 7:3 [KJV/NIV]
- Hebrews 1:1-13 [KJV/NIV]
- 2 John 1:9 [KJV/NIV]
- John 1:1 [KJV/NIV]
- John 1:2 [KJV/NIV]
- John 1:14 [KJV/NIV]
- John 1:18 [KJV/NIV]
- John 1:29 [KJV/NIV]
- John 1:49 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 John 2:22,23 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 John 4:1-5 [KJV/NIV]
- Hebrews 12:2 [KJV/NIV]
- Hebrews 1:3 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Peter 3:22 [KJV/NIV]
- Acts 2:32-36 [KJV/NIV]
- Romans 14:11 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Corinthians 15:24-28 [KJV/NIV]
3. The Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ
The Lord Jesus Christ is the eternal Son of God. The Scriptures declare: His virgin birth,
- Matthew 1:23
- Luke 1:31
- Luke 1:35
His sinless life,
- Hebrews 7:26
- 1 Peter 2:22
- Acts 2:22
- Acts 10:38
His substitutionary work on the cross,
- 1 Corinthians 15:3
- 2 Corinthians 5:21
His bodily resurrection from the dead,
- Matthew 28:6
- Luke 24:39
- 1 Corinthians 15:4
His exaltation to the right hand of God.
- Acts 1:9
- Acts 1:11
- Acts 2:33
- Philippians 2:9-11
- Hebrews 1:3
4. The Fall of Man
Man was created good and upright; for God said, “Let us make man in our own image, after our likeness.” However, man by voluntary transgression fell and thereby incurred not only physical death but also spiritual death, which is separation from God.
- Genesis 1:26,27
- Genesis 2:17
- Genesis 3:6
- Romans 5:12-19
5. The Salvation of Man
Man’s only hope of redemption is through the shed blood of Jesus Christ the Son of God. Conditions to Salvation Salvation is received through repentance toward God and faith toward the Lord Jesus Christ. By the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit, being justified by grace through faith, man becomes an heir of God, according to the hope of eternal life.
- Luke 24:47
- John 3:3
- Romans 10:13-15
- Ephesians 2:8
- Titus 2:11
- Titus 3:5-7
The Evidence of Salvation The inward evidence of salvation is the direct witness of the Spirit.
- Romans 8:16
The outward evidence to all men is a life of righteousness, obedience and true holiness.
- Ephesians 4:24
- Titus 2:12
6. The Ordinances of the Church
Baptism in Water The ordinance of baptism by immersion is commanded by the Scriptures, however, it is not necessary for Salvation. All who repent and believe on Christ as Savior and Lord have the opportunity to be baptized. Thus they declare to the world that they have died with Christ and that they also have been raised with Him to walk in newness of life.
- Matthew 28:19
- Mark 16:16
- Acts 10:47,48
- Romans 6:4
Holy Communion The Lord’s Supper, consisting of the elements –bread and the fruit of the vine– is the symbol expressing our sharing the divine nature of our Lord Jesus Christ (2 Peter 1:4 ), a memorial of his suffering and death (1 Corinthians 11:26 ), and a prophecy of His second coming (1 Corinthians 11:26 ), and is enjoined on all believers “till He come!”
7. The on going infilling of the Holy Spirit
All believers are entitled to and should ardently expect and earnestly seek the promise of the Father, the continual filling of the Holy Spirit , according to the command of our Lord Jesus Christ. We are sealed by the Holy Spirit for salvation.
- Ephesians 4:30
This was the normal experience of all in the early Christian Church. With it comes the enduement of power for life and service, the bestowment of the gifts and their uses in the work of the ministry.
- Luke 24:49
- Acts 1:4
- Acts 1:8
- 1 Corinthians 12:1-31
This filling of the Holy Spirit is needed every day.
- Acts 8:12-17
- Acts 10:44-46
- Acts 11:14-16
- Acts 15:7-9
With the baptism in the Holy Spirit come such experiences as:
- an overflowing fullness of the Spirit, John 7:37-39 , Acts 4:8
- a deepened reverence for God, Acts 2:43 , Hebrews 12:28
- an intensified consecration to God and dedication to His work, Acts 2:42
- and a more active love for Christ, for His Word and for the lost, Mark 16:20
Sanctification is an act of separation from that which is evil, and of dedication unto God.
- Romans 12:1,2
- 1 Thessalonians 5:23
- Hebrews 13:12
The Scriptures teach a life of “holiness without which no man shall see the Lord.”
- Hebrews 12:14
By the power of the Holy Spirit we are able to obey the command: “Be ye holy, for I am holy.”
- 1 Peter 1:15,16
Sanctification is realized in the believer by recognizing his identification with Christ in His death and resurrection, and by the faith reckoning daily upon the fact of that union, and by offering every faculty continually to the dominion of the Holy Spirit. It is an ongoing process of washing and being set apart for exclusive use by and for God.
- Romans 6:1-11
- Romans 6:13
- Romans 8:1,2
- Romans 8:13
- Galatians 2:20
- Philippians 2:12,13
- 1 Peter 1:5
9. The Church and its Mission
The Church is the Body of Christ, the habitation of God through the Spirit, with divine appointments for the fulfillment of her great commission. Each believer, born of the Spirit, is an integral part of the Church of the Firstborn, which are written in heaven.
- Ephesians 1:22,23
- Ephesians 2:22
- Hebrews 12:23
Since God’s purpose concerning man is to seek and to save that which is lost, to be worshipped by man, and to build a body of believers in the image of His Son, the priority reason for being part of the Church is:
- To be an agency of God for evangelizing the world. Acts 1:8 Matthew 28:19,20 Mark 16:15,16
- To be a corporate body in which man may worship God. 1 Corinthians 12:13
- To be an expression of God’s purpose to build a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son. Ephesians 4:11-16, 1 Corinthians 12:28, 1 Corinthians 14:12
It is imperative that all we do is in the strength and Power of the Holy Spirit. This experience:
- Enables them to evangelize in the power of the Spirit with accompanying supernatural signs. Mark 16:15-20 [KJV/NIV] Acts 4:29-31 [KJV/NIV] Hebrews 2:3,4 [KJV/NIV]
- Adds a necessary dimension to worshipful relationship with God. 1 Corinthians 2:10-16 [KJV/NIV] 1 Corinthians 12 [KJV/NIV] 1 Corinthians 13 [KJV/NIV] 1 Corinthians 14 [KJV/NIV]
- Enables them to respond to the full working of the Holy Spirit in expression of fruit and gifts and ministries as in New Testament times for the edifying of the body of Christ. Galatians 5:22-26 [KJV/NIV] 1 Corinthians 14:12 [KJV/NIV] Ephesians 4:11,12 [KJV/NIV] 1 Corinthians 12:28 [KJV/NIV] Colossians 1:29 [KJV/NIV]
10. The Ministry
A divinely called and scripturally ordained ministry has been provided by our Lord for the threefold purpose of leading the Church in: Evangelization of the world.
- Mark 16:15-20 [KJV/NIV]Worship of God.
- John 4:23,24 [KJV/NIV] Building a body of saints being perfected in the image of His Son.
- Ephesians 4:11-16 [KJV/NIV]
11. Divine Healing
Divine healing is an integral part of the gospel. Deliverance from sickness is provided for in the atonement, and is the privilege of all believers.
- Please note that sometimes God doesn’t heal – for our growth and His glory. Remember that Paul or Timothy were not healed for their sickness. If it’s God’s will, you will be healed. If not, we wait patiently for His healing touch.
- Matthew 8:16,17 [KJV/NIV]
- James 5:14-16 [KJV/NIV]
12. The Blessed Hope
The resurrection of those who have fallen asleep in Christ and their translation together with those who are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord is the blessed hope of the church. Known as the Rapture. It will take place prior to the wrath that is to come on this world.
- 1 Thessalonians 4:16,17 [KJV/NIV]
- Romans 8:23 [KJV/NIV]
- Titus 2:13 [KJV/NIV]
- 1 Corinthians 15:51,52 [KJV/NIV]
13. The Millennial Reign of Christ
The second coming of Christ (after the Rapture and the marriage supper of the Lamb in heaven with all those who put their faith in Jesus Christ ) with His saints to reign on earth for one thousand years.
- Zechariah 14:5 [KJV/NIV]
- Matthew 24:27 [KJV/NIV]
- Matthew 24:30 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 1:7 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 19:11-14 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 20:1-6 [KJV/NIV]
This millennial reign will bring the salvation of national Israel,
- Ezekiel 37:21,22 [KJV/NIV]
- Zephaniah 3:19,20 [KJV/NIV]
- Romans 11:26,27 [KJV/NIV]
and the establishment of universal peace.
- Isaiah 11:6-9 [KJV/NIV]
- Psalms 72:3-8 [KJV/NIV]
- Micah 4:3,4 [KJV/NIV]
14. The Final Judgment
There will be a final judgment in which the wicked dead will be raised and judged according to their works. Whosoever is not found written in the Book of Life, together with the devil and his angels, the beast and the false prophet, will be consigned to the everlasting punishment in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.
- Matthew 25:46 [KJV/NIV]
- Mark 9:43-48 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 19:20 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 20:11-15 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 21:8 [KJV/NIV]
15. The New Heavens and the New Earth
We will live for eternity in the new Jerusalem, that city built by Christ for His Bride, the Church. It will be on the new earth.
- 2 Peter 3:13 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 21 [KJV/NIV]
- Revelation 22 [KJV/NIV]
Who we are
Living Water Community Church is a gathering of believers dedicated to three basic principals. Those are;
- 1. Being a place to equip Christians through the teaching of the Word of God in an uncompromised manner. The result is mature Christians who know God and are equipped to make Him known.
- 2. Being a place to worship God and lift up the name of Jesus Christ. This results in experiencing God and being filled with His joy.
- 3. Being a place to love and be loved. The Bible tells us God is love – Church is where that love is expressed through other believers. This results in ministry to one another and those in our realm of influence.
We are a Church that is refreshingly different – Bible based, Christ centered, and filled with the love of God. From the moment you walk in, you can’t help sense the presence of God and the love of His people. From the contemporary worship to Pastor Brett’s teaching, the service is like a cool drink of water on a hot day. The verse God gave us when we started this work says it all: Isaiah 55:1 “Ho! Every one who thirsts, come to the waters; And you who have no money come, buy and eat. Come, buy wine and milk Without money and without cost. We are all thirsty. This verse explains that God quenches our thirst (water), gives us joy (wine), and nourishes our souls (milk). That is what we are all about. We would love to have you join us!
From our Bible College, to outreach, to missions, to Men’s and Women’s bible studies, and a wonderful Youth ministry – Living Water Community Church is truly fulfilling the Great Commission with a desire to see it fulfilled in our lifetime!
God’s Word for Today
We believe that God’s Word, the Bible, is for the world today. It is not just an ancient document, it is the Living, active Word of God. It’s message transcends time and culture – it contains absolute Truth that has the ability to change your life.
We are not against denominations, however we are against the division caused by them. Unity without compromise.
A clarifying note on where we stand on the Arminianism vs. Calvinism debate Both Arminius and Calvin had great intentions and no doubt loved our Lord Jesus and attempted to rightly divide the Word. However they both seemed to ignore some scriptures and focus on others. Thus, the church has polarized into two camps (with varying degrees of adherence to hyper Arminianism or hyper Calvinism.)